Friday, June 13, 2014

Mission Organization - Part 1: The Binder!


You would think that after teaching for this long I would have organization down - well, think again!  I would never be mistaken for the Queen of Organization, the Princess of Perfection, or even the Court Jester of Consolidation.  But I am determined that this time - with a new school, new kids, and a new room - I will have it (mostly) together.

Right now, I have a couple of months before I can fulfill my dream Doctor Who decor scheme, so I'm going to start with something pretty basic, but also quite essential - THE BINDER!  With much thanks to Pinterest and TeachersPayTeachers, I actually have a pretty good plan of attack on this one.  I also found an awesome Doctor Who theme from Katy LaPlace for it, so we are off to a fabulous start. (Btw: She also has Wizard of Oz and Disney themes if Who is not your thing!)

Here's a picture of the front cover:


I have my planner divided into the following sections:
  • Calendar (Long Range and Month-at-a-Glance)
  • Lesson Plans (I do my plans on Planbook.com, but want to keep printouts here)
  • Standards (TEKS, Common Core)
  • Student Data (Click here for one example of an info sheet)
  • Meeting Notes
I will also be making separate binders for Sub Information and Parent Contact/Conferences, all with the same Doctor Who theme.

Here are some pics of my completed binder:

Outside cover
Inside cover
Year-at-a-Glance
Student Information


It really feels great to have at least this first step done!  I will also be making another set for Guided Math, but that will have to wait for another blog.

Next week I'm going to a TCEA Tots and Technology Conference, so I'll have lots of ideas to share!
Have a FANTASTIC day!



2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I always have these grand ideas about organizing/reorganizing over the summer, you are inspiring me! Thanks for attending my session, you are already on your way to becoming a blogging queen!

    ReplyDelete