Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Blogging at the Beach - TCEA Tots and Technology

Summer Learning, Had me a Blast!



The best thing about being a teacher is having summers "off" to do professional development with friends!  Luckily, I live an hour from Galveston Island where TCEA put on their Tots and Technology Conference this week.  I'm also lucky enough to have a friends that will invite me to share a hotel room with them (Thanks MJ!) so I can go to a conference with a view like this:



 We started the conference off with our first use of tech integration: tweeting our selfies to #TCEAtots:

Tweeting selfies with MJ

I might not use Twitter that much with my 3rd graders, but it is an excellent way to keep up with the latest education news and share (within limits) with parents.

The next two days I spent going to some amazing sessions, learning new ways to use technology with my students and in collaboration with other teachers.  Rather than list everything, I'll just give you a link to my notes that includes some of the best links:  TOTS and TECHNOLOGY 2014

I also posted several to my Pinterest Board - Follow Amanda's board Tech Teacher Tools on Pinterest.

This conference was perfect for my goal to become more prepared and organized for my new classroom this coming school year.   I already have several ideas for beginning of school and ways for my kids to effectively use iPads in the classroom.  The best part of this conference was that is was very hands-on, so I got to make my own example for the perfect "Get to Know Me" Google Drawing activity:

Get to Know Me w/Google Drawing

Lastly, no conference would be complete without door prizes at the end.  Well, I actually won something this time!  I walked away with a copy of Goodnight iPad (a parody of Goodnight Moon) and a stylus shaped like a Crayon (I think my nephew would enjoy that!).

My Loot!

Next time, I'll continue to work on my organization and planning and share my progress.
Have a FANTASTIC day!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment