Monday, July 14, 2014

Climb Every Mountain - Mission Organization: Part 2

Summer is for Vacation Too!

Just spent several days up in North Carolina dropping my son off at camp and then spending time with the best guy I know - my hubby Nathan up in the Blue Ridge Mountains near Asheville.  We try to spend time in places we've never been to before when we can.  There's so much new to learn and do!

Me on the Balcony of Biltmore Estate
Selfie Time!
We spent one day at the Biltmore Estate in Asheville.  It was built in the 1890s by George W. Vanderbilt, whose family made lots of money in the railroad business.  The house has over 250 rooms and over 40 bathrooms with indoor plumbing (not a common amenity at the time).  It also includes its own bowling alley and an indoor swimming pool!  He lived there with his wife and daughter for many years, and the estate is still owned and run by the family. Despite it's immenseness, it still feels like a family home - just a very nice one!
The next day we went hiking in the National Forest and climbed to the top of Mount Pisgah.  It's not the tallest mountain in the range, but it was pretty good challenge for me!  The climb was beautiful and the view worth it!
View from the Top of Mt. Pisgah

Mission Organization: Part 2

Things are starting to come together for my classroom plan.  First things, first - I am OFFICIALLY a public school teacher again!  Just signed my contract today and got my badge:


They actually misspelled my name the first time, so I had to go back and get a new badge. ( I didn't want to have to tell my kiddos that the"s" is silent!)


Love this fabric!
I celebrated with a Grande Skinny Iced Caramel Macchiato and then went shopping for my new classroom.  I went to Jo-Ann's and picked up foam and batting for my benches.  I'm getting my milk crates tomorrow, so I can get started on them.  I ordered some mathy Doctor Who and some TARDIS blue fabric from Spoonflower and am starting to work on labeling my math tubs/centers for Math Workshop.  During math centers, students will be assigned specific tub numbers to use during their rotation.  I'll change the activities in the tubs out depending on the objectives we are working on at the time.
One of my Math Tubs (decorated w/Duct Tape)
Example of Math Workshop Bulletin Board (from Clutter-Free Classroom on TpT)
Still LOTS more to do before training starts in a few weeks!  Looking forward to putting everything together and getting ready for a brand new batch of kiddos to have adventures with.

Have a FANTASTIC day!








No comments:

Post a Comment